Indonesia, February 3, 2022 – According to the Meteorological, Climatological, and Geophysical Agency (BMKG), the peak of the rainy season in Indonesia, which has been ongoing since December 2021, is expected to end in April 2022. Tokopedia also saw increased transactions for a range of products during the recent rainy season.
1. Vehicle Protection – Vehicle protection products have sold well in the recent rainy season. “Sales of motorcycle covers and anti-fog stickers for car rearview mirrors have each increased 1.5-fold,” explained Ekhel Chandra Wijaya, Tokopedia's External Communications Senior Lead.
2. Anti-Wet Protection - "In addition to vehicle protection products, sales of raincoats, umbrellas, and other rainy season essentials have nearly doubled compared to the same period last year," Ekhel added.
3. Food and Beverage - Food and Beverage was one of the categories with the highest transaction growth at the end of 2021, especially with the rainy season.
“Fried chicken, pastel, toppoki, coffee, and 1-liter mango juice are some of the best-selling food and beverage in Tokopedia Nyam! recently,” explained Ekhel.
4. Mosquito Repellent – “We are also seeing a boom in public demand for mosquito repellents during the rainy season. In fact, insect repellent products have more than doubled in transactions," continued Ekhel.
5. Home Waterproofing – The rainy season can certainly cause annoying problems – such as water leakage or seepage – in people’s homes. This encouraged people to add more protection for the roof and walls of their houses.
“We've seen an almost threefold increase in waterproof wall paint sales. At the same time, sales of leak-proof tapes have more than quadrupled," he said.
"Tokopedia #SelaluAdaSelaluBisa offers a series of initiatives to help people meet their daily needs, especially during the rainy season, allowing people to continue their activities in their homes in comfort and safety,” concluded Ekhel.
Tokopedia, as an Indonesian technology company, has a mission to democratize commerce through technology. Tokopedia’s vision is to build a Super Ecosystem where anyone can start and discover anything. To this day, Tokopedia has empowered millions of merchants and users across the marketplace and digital goods, financial technology and payment, logistics and fulfillment, including Mitra Tokopedia.
PR Team Tokopedia | email@example.com