Indonesia, March 2, 2022 – Based on data collected from the 2018 Basic Health Survey conducted by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Indonesia, the proportion of the population aged 18 and over with risk factors for obesity has increased from 15.4% in 2013 to 21.8% in 2018.
Ahead of World Obesity Day on March 4, 2022, Tokopedia – with the help of experts – shared five tips to maintain healthy body weight during the pandemic.
- Exercise Regularly - Maintaining an ideal weight and preventing obesity can be done through regular exercise.
“Sports was one of the most popular categories in Tokopedia in 2021. Sales of sports products such as running equipment, roller skates, and skateboards more than doubled in 2021 compared to 2020," said Ekhel Chandra Wijaya, Tokopedia's External Communications Senior Lead.
- Have Enough Sleep – According to Sleep Specialist dr. Andreas Prasadja, RPSGT at a Tokopedia-hosted event some time ago, the ideal amount of sleep is 7-9 hours a day. Adequate and proper sleep can help eliminate more calories from the body.
"The human body has a circadian rhythm that forms the rhythm of the body. If a person doesn’t get enough sleep, their body will be affected in many ways, starting with their cognitive abilities, endurance, emotional stability, to even their digestion and metabolism,” explained Andreas.
- Adjust Your Food Intake - “Carbohydrates are not our enemy, consume them as needed and never in excess. When serving meals, try to include more fibrous foods such as vegetables," explained Celebrity Chef Normal Ismail.
Tokopedia NOW! makes it easy for people to obtain daily necessities, from sembako (basic needs), vegetables, fruits, and meats, within a maximum of two hours of delivery.
- Manage Mental Well-being – For some people, eating is one way to relieve stress and maintain mental well-being. However, this habit, if done excessively, can quickly cause obesity.
According to Adult Clinical Psychologist, Nago Tejena, M.Psi, "We should always pay close attention to our mental health and manage it well. Try to take up hobbies, maintain healthy relationships with others, adjust ourselves to the current situation, and do other healthy activities."
- Avoid Smoking and Alcohol – The Ministry of Health recommends avoiding smoking and consuming alcohol, both of which can cause obesity. Get in the habit of eating healthy foods and drinks and begin to adopt a healthy lifestyle to avoid any illnesses.
“Tokopedia noted that sales of healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables nearly doubled in 2021 compared to 2020,” concluded Ekhel.
Tokopedia, as an Indonesian technology company, has a mission to democratize commerce through technology. Tokopedia’s vision is to build a Super Ecosystem where anyone can start and discover anything. To this day, Tokopedia has empowered millions of merchants and users across the marketplace and digital goods, financial technology and payment, logistics and fulfillment, including Mitra Tokopedia.
PR Team Tokopedia | firstname.lastname@example.org