Business Intelligence Specialist
As a business intelligence specialist, you will support the management to improve the quality of business decision-making based on data. Senior Business Intelligence Specialist will be someone who is extremely passionate about leveraging technology in order to extract and share analytics insights, using creative data visualizations. You also will work closely with Data Analyst team, Product team, and Business Development team to develop Tokopedia’s future business strategy.
- Disseminate information regarding tools, reports, or metadata enhancements.
- Supporting peers and stakeholders as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through troubleshooting and analysis of results.
- Looking for opportunities to improve current processes or find efficiencies by applying industry best practices as a BI Analyst.
- Monitoring enterprise performance through the creation of Key Performance Indicator Dashboards.
- Cooperate with our IT department to deploy software and hardware upgrades that make it possible for us to leverage big data use cases
- Conduct or coordinate tests to ensure that intelligence is consistent with defined needs.
- Documenting and communicating technical specifications to ensure that proper and optimized techniques, queries, and final deliverables are understood and incorporated into data and analytics processes.
- Collaborating with other BI Specialists, Data Analysts, and Engineers around data/table structures in order to optimize for BI Dashboards and other self-service needs.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree from a reputable university.
- Major in engineering, computer science, information system or related fields. GPA min 3.0.
- Good understanding in ETL, data warehousing and/or business intelligence concepts.
- Familiar with data visualization using BI tools (Tableau, Qlik, Tibco, etc) is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills, great attention to details, and have a strong passion for improving business strategy.
- Familiarity with internet businesses is a plus.
- Experienced in Software Development Lifecycle Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Ability to present data visually to business users.