Indonesia, February 21, 2022 – Improving search engine visibility through the use of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) can attract more potential buyers, revealed Tokopedia’s SEO Senior Lead, Frans Fernando.
Frans also shared five tips to help local MSMEs optimize their SEO and make it easier for buyers to find various products on search engine pages.
1. Write the Product Name Correctly – The first thing potential buyers look for is the name of the product. If the product name matches the actual product that is for sale, it will be easier for potential buyers to find the desired product.
2. Use Keywords on Product Description – When describing your products, use relevant keywords that will interest buyers and help them find your products on search engines.
“Describing product descriptions clearly makes it easier for buyers to find what they need. Businesses can use Tokopedia's Market Insight feature to look for product keywords that potential buyers often search for. For example, for Sambal products, the related keywords would be Sambal Matah, Sambal Dabu-Dabu, and Sambal Bawang,” added Frans.
3. Add Relevant Links – Adding a Tokopedia store account link on your social media pages or managed sites is important for increasing visitors, sales, and trust among potential buyers.
“Adding a link to the Tokopedia store on your social media accounts, as well as linking to sites that are relevant to the product, will also optimize SEO performance,” explained Frans.
4. Optimize Product Visuals – Photos and product images can help increase the number of potential buyers visiting your product page. The more people who visit your store, the better the search engine ranking will be.
"Use clear, crisp, and attractive photos so potential buyers want to see more of your product," explained Frans.
5. Combine Keywords – Combining relevant keywords in the product will enable buyers to quickly find more specific items.
Try including the product type, brand, and other descriptions (model/pattern, type, or color) in the product name. For example, “Women’s Mukena (Brand) Red Size M” will be easier to find for potential buyers.
“Tokopedia #SelaluAdaSelaluBisa will always strive to encourage the development of local business actors, particularly MSMEs, through the use of technology so they can rise together (#BangkitBersama) amid the pandemic and dominate the market in their own country,” concluded Frans.
Tokopedia, as an Indonesian technology company, has a mission to democratize commerce through technology. Tokopedia’s vision is to build a Super Ecosystem where anyone can start and discover anything. To this day, Tokopedia has empowered millions of merchants and users across the marketplace and digital goods, financial technology and payment, logistics and fulfillment, including Mitra Tokopedia.
PR Team Tokopedia | firstname.lastname@example.org