Jakarta, 16 November 2021 - In running a business, including in the technology and mass media industries, it is very important to know how to do the right research in order to present the best product and user experience (UX).
Product and UX Research Lead Tokopedia, Satkar Ulama, said, "At Tokopedia itself, the role of product and UX research is very significant because quality results can be applied to new strategies in developing feature concepts or programs that can support increased transactions and shopping trends."
“Product research and UX will also affect the level of success and convenience of using a site, including media news sites. A friendly appearance and UX according to user needs are very important for every platform provider,” added Satkar. Tokopedia through Satkar also shared tips to become an effective UX researcher.
- Have Empathy - Empathy is the key to being able to create user-oriented solutions. “It is important to put aside one's own assumptions and desires. This is intended so that a UX researcher can continue to focus objectively on conveying user aspirations in order to create more impact for them,” said Satkar.
- Cross-Divisional Collaboration - Cross-team collaboration is very important in the research process. "For example, by exchanging ideas to find various ways to answer the challenges experienced by users from the product side, marketing to business," said Satkar.
- Flexible and Creative - Research cannot use only one method or methodology. A researcher must also be flexible and continuously innovate in applying the method that best suits the users or the market we are researching.
“For example, during a pandemic, face-to-face contact must be reduced. A UX researcher has to adapt various methods - such as surveys, in-depth interviews and FGDs, to product tests - virtually, but remain result-oriented with the best quality when meeting face-to-face with resource persons," said Satkar.
- Follow Trends - By following existing trends, researchers can become more relevant to users. Some of Tokopedia's flagship initiatives have also gone through a research process to be relevant to user needs, including the Indonesia Shopping Time (WIB) campaign.
"The main concept of WIB, integration with user experience in the application as well as campaign and brand partnership models also departs from the results of a research," said Satkar.
- Setting Goals - In the process of product development and UX, it is very important for a researcher to know the goals to be achieved, e.g. what business or product metrics you want to change and improve.
"Research with a clear objective can produce quality insights that can be used by decision makers," concluded Satkar.
At Tokopedia itself, product and UX research has made it easier for users to use Tokopedia's applications and services as a whole. This process also contributes to helping society create opportunities through the use of technology where development is very dynamic and continues to evolve.
Tokopedia, as an Indonesian technology company, has a mission to democratize commerce through technology. Tokopedia’s vision is to build a Super Ecosystem where anyone can start and discover anything. To this day, Tokopedia has empowered millions of merchants and users across the marketplace and digital goods, financial technology and payment, logistics and fulfillment, including Mitra Tokopedia.
PR Team Tokopedia | email@example.com