Indonesia, March 14, 2022 – Ahead of World Consumer Rights Day on March 15, 2022, Tokopedia shared five key things that every customer should do once their online order has arrived at their doorstep.
1. Don’t ‘Complete Your Order’ Just Yet – "Buyers must first ensure that the product they received matches their order before clicking on 'Selesaikan Pesanan' ('Complete Order'), as Tokopedia will then automatically transfer their payment to the seller," explained Tokopedia’s External Communications Senior Lead, Ekhel Chandra Wijaya.
2. Check the Product – When unboxing, take a photo or video to confirm the received product. If the product does not match the buyer’s order or the product description, click on ‘Ajukan Komplain’ (‘Submit Complaint’) and attach the necessary evidence—in photo or video—to obtain the best solution to the issue.
Payment will only be forwarded to the seller by Tokopedia if the product received matches the buyer’s order.
3. Pay Attention to Complaint Deadline – If there is a problem with the received item, the buyer can file a complaint within a maximum of 2x24 hours after the order arrives at the destination. "Make sure to file a complaint within the time limit so that the Tokopedia Resolution Center can resolve the issue," added Ekhel.
4. Doublecheck Shipping Costs - If there is a discrepancy in shipping costs, buyers can request the seller to return the shipping fee. Buyers just need to file a complaint and state the reason for the difference in shipping costs and then upload photographic proof showing the difference.
5. Leave a Review – Customer reviews help sellers improve their store's reputation. “Customer feedback can drive the development of tens of millions of sellers on Tokopedia—almost 100% of which are MSMEs,” Ekhel explained.
“Tokopedia sees the continued growth of online shopping trends in Indonesia. This encouraged us to remain committed to helping people meet their daily needs through our platform while maintaining business continuity for local businesses and supporting the recovery of the national economy,” concluded Ekhel.
Tokopedia, as an Indonesian technology company, has a mission to democratize commerce through technology. Tokopedia’s vision is to build a Super Ecosystem where anyone can start and discover anything. To this day, Tokopedia has empowered millions of merchants and users across the marketplace and digital goods, financial technology and payment, logistics and fulfillment, including Mitra Tokopedia.
PR Team Tokopedia | firstname.lastname@example.org