Jakarta, March 10, 2021 – Tokopedia officially launched Tokopedia Parents. This dedicated ecosystem in Tokopedia is intended to make it easier for Indonesians, especially parents, to fulfill their needs and get relevant information related to parenting and households.
Head of Category Development (Mom & Baby, Baby & Kids Fashion and Home & Living) Tokopedia, Najunda Jusuf, said, “Tokopedia Parents is a stage for businesses, especially local MSMEs, from family and household needs industry, to adapt in the midst of a pandemic through the use of technology.”
“As a family community platform as well as a one-stop shopping experience, Tokopedia Parents also allows parents to share inspiration and experiences with the community as well as enjoy a variety of attractive offers, ranging from promos, giveaways to various exciting competitions,” added Najunda.
As part of Tokopedia Parents’ launch, Tokopedia also held an online talk show with a pediatrician, dr. Miza Dito Afrizal, Sp.A, BmedSci, M.Kes and Tokopedia Parents’ Brand Ambassador, Chelsea Olivia to share ‘Fun Activity Ideas for Your Little One’.
- Sports – Even though it’s only at home, parents can still adopt a healthy lifestyle by exercising regularly with their children. Some of the sports that can be tried are gymnastics, ball throwing, jumping rope, swimming, dancing and yoga.
“Swimming is one of the favorite sports in our family. To maintain endurance, Glenn and I usually invite Nastusha to swim or just play water together after engaging in online school activities,” said Chelsea.
2. Educational Games – “Playing is an easy and fun way to stimulate the growth and development of a child’s brain and body. Besides that, playing can also hone children’s skills,” said Miza.
Puzzle games, block arrangements, drawing and making handicrafts can be some educational games choices for children.
3. Gardening – As a growingly popular hobby during the pandemic, gardening is also a fun activity to do with children at home. “Gardening can educate children about responsibility. It can also encourage their development of fine motor skills, for example from planting small seeds, watering and picking fruits,” explained Miza.
4. Cooking – Trying new recipes can help introduce children to healthy and delicious cuisine while at home. “Some healthy snack menus that children can try include whole wheat bread with fruits and also desserts like smoothies and yogurt,” added Miza.
5. Watching Educational Videos – Apart from being able to watch educational videos or popular films, parents can also have discussions with their children regarding the moral messages conveyed. “Usage of technology platforms such as gadgets and television should be limited to one hour a day. This is so that children continue to have social interaction,” concluded Miza.
Tokopedia, as an Indonesian technology company, has a mission to democratize commerce through technology. Tokopedia’s vision is to build a Super Ecosystem where anyone can start and discover anything. To this day, Tokopedia has empowered millions of merchants and users across the marketplace and digital goods, financial technology and payment, logistics and fulfillment, including Mitra Tokopedia.
PR Team Tokopedia | firstname.lastname@example.org